Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Travel Buddies

“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain

Traveling alone vs traveling with others

I know many people, including myself, that have made a cross country or out of country journey alone. The pros to this:
I do what I want
I control the budget
I go at my pace

The more common, but often argued approach, is with one or more persons. The pros to this:
Companion to enjoy the experience
Help take photos and make memories
Shine a different light on things

I do not like to dive into the negatives because it’s bad health to do so, but just be aware of the person or people you travel with. You do not have to necessarily be compatible, but tolerate is key. I do not like arts of any kind, but my dear wife and travel companion does, so I tolerate it. She does not like risking her life to climb and jump off a 30’ waterfall in the depths of Hawaii, but she makes one hell of a photographer. Only once I have traveled in a group of 8 people. We had to get 2 hotel rooms, 2 taxis and although we had no issues, it can become an issue. On a side note, I find the group begins to socialize exclusively within the group and almost neglect one of the reasons you made the trip.


Travel Buddies!
Tell us about your experience traveling alone or with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors