Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"When you hustlin', you be patient."

When in Jamaica, what is the first thing that pops in your mind (besides beaches)? I don't have to say what they try to hustle 24/7 to tourists that come from all over the globe. I've never been one to get involved with those shenanigans, however, I was pretty impressed by some hustler's unique cat calls. And here are the most common and most brilliant:

"Do you want to start the year off with some?" (No)

"Do you want to make it a good time?" (Nope)

"Want some blow?" (No thanks)

"Any last minute shopping?" (Unique, but no...)

"Want me to fix you up?" (Never)

"Do you need any today?" (Once again, no...)

"You need more than sugar cane, Mon." (No, I'm enjoying this bag of sugarcane by itself, thanks.)

From a cab driver, "If you need me to serve you, I know where to get the best." (Ummm no, I'll pass.)

These are just the ones that I was able to jot down quickly before I forgot. Walking down a street for 5 minutes, we were approached 8 times!!!!! All day, every day.

As an 85 year old woman named Apple sagely commented, "When you hustlin', you need to be patient."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors